Australia is indeed one of the most popular destinations for international students. Its welcoming nature, diverse culture, safe environment and excellent educational system are some of the major attractions for international students. Australian educational degrees hold high reputation around the world.
Australia offers international students with more than 22,000 courses across 1,200 institutions. One can study at any level of education right from primary, secondary, VET courses, English language courses to higher education. All international students must enrol for a full-time course with an institution that is registered with the Commonwealth Register for Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to be eligible for a student visa. CRICOS guarantees for a recognized high standard of education and or training.
The following are some of the well-known facts of Australian education:
- It is the 3rd most popular international student’s destination.
- 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- Australian government spends more than AUD 200 million every year for providing international scholarships.
- Australia has produced 15 Nobel prize laureates.
- Some of the most innovative and world class Australian discoveries include penicillin, Wi-Fi, IVF, Ultrasound, Black box recorder, Cervical Cancer Vaccine, Google Maps, bionic ear, electronic pacemaker amongst others.
In Australia, there are several laws and governing bodies to ensure that quality education is provided nationally in a consistent standard and adequate protection provided to international students. The ESOS Act and National Code of Practice, for example make certain that education providers comply with the national standard of education and training for international students.
In Australia, all those who hold student visa must abide by their visa conditions. These conditions can be related to academic progress, work rights, health insurance and many more. Further information on this topic could be found in student visa section of our website.
At 360 Degree, we have a team of well qualified education counsellors as well as registered migration agents who helps assess the prospective student’s education, financial condition, work experience and other relevant and pertinent information. Based on this information we will then advise whether you are eligible or not for your preferred course. We also discuss and help identify alternative pathways if you are not directly eligible for the course. Once the course is determined we help guide you through all the following stages:
- Obtaining Offer letter and CoE.
- Documents required for student visa.
- Lodge Visa
- Pre-departure information session.
- Post arrival information session.